With it being so muggy and rainy out here in Phoenix I felt like making some pancakes for breakfast this morning. I haven’t had pancakes for about a month. We had them almost every day for vacation and they were wonderful…not grain free but still so delish. So as I was rummaging through my pantry I saw my large bag of Coconut flour and off went an idea. It had to be simple. I like simple, and came up with this! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. My son kept asking for “more”, so that’s saying something!
the best GF pancake mix If you aren’t ready to take the Paleo leap 🙂 (Sprouts and Wholefoods has this as well) http://www.amazon.com/Namaste-Foods-Gluten-Pancake-21-Ounce/dp/B000LKZA36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407955155&sr=8-1&keywords=namaste+pancake
The easiest Paleo pancakes you’ll ever make. Seriously, and they are toddler approved.
What you’ll need:
- 2 TBS Organic Coconut flour
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 4 Eggs
- Coconut oil for greasing the pan
- Wisk (or I use my mixer) and mix until smooth texture.
- Warm up your pan with some of your oil
- Spoon out 2 TBS of batter ( or however big you’d like the cakes) and wait for the sides to become rounded enough to flip. I had my pan at about a medium heat and it took me about a minute in total for each cake.
- And serve!
It makes about 8 toddler sized pancakes. I haven’t tried making adult sized ones yet 😉 you can get creative and add mashed banana in the batter, strawberries or even the famous blueberry pancakes. Use your favorite butter, ours is Earth Balance, and you have lovely fast pancakes that are actually good for you. And I mean, look how pretty they came out.